You may click on the following links in order to obtain further information about each health condition:
Top 10 Signs of low testosterone:
- Low Energy – Fatigue is a common effect of low testosterone levels. Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Changes in sex life – decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction can result from low testosterone.
- Fuzzy thinking – low testosterone can effect your mental focus and memory. To help ease stress, try exercise, yoga, meditation or massage. The more stess hormones your body creates, the less testosterone it can make.
- Changes in mood – feeling down or depressed. When male hormone levels are balanced, men generally feel back to normal.
- Muscle changes – since testosterone helps build muscle, when levels are low, muscle mass and strength also decreases. Regular exercise can help boost your testosterone levels. Be sure to work large muscle groups and weight lifting.
- More body fat – If you’re not building muscle with the calories you consume and physical activity you do, then your body turns calorise into fat. Eat a healthy diet and exercise.
- Thinning body hair – low testosterone can cause you to lose some facial hair, pubic hair, and arm/leg hair. But it does not usually affect the hair on your head. However, there is a link between testosterone therapy and male balding. Talk to your doctor about these side effects.
- Loss of bone mass – low testosterone has been linked to osteoporosis. To keep your bones healthy, don’t smoke, and cut back on alcohol. Also exercise regularly, including weight lifting.
- Trouble sleeping – to help with insomnia and restless nights, keep a relaxing bedtime routine. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends.
- Problems on the job – many of the effects of low testosterone – focus problems, mood swings, and low energy can make it difficult to be your best at work.
If your home or work life has changed dramatically or if you have the symptoms listed above, a full medical exam might help find the cause. A simple blood test can show if you have low testosterone levels.